Are you the kind of person who plans best based on personal experience? Perhaps you have never been to Central America and want to better understand what you should pack and how you should plan for your BECA experience? Or, maybe you have been to the region 15 times and would love to contextualize BECA into those past experiences?
Well, here's the great news – you don't have to wait for your experience to begin to see BECA "en accion." BECA's Early Bird program recognizes those who sign on early with a few perks designed to maximize a volunteer's preparedness for the BECA experience.
When and What Happens During the Early Bird Trip?
- The anticipated trip date is mid-March, 2016, exact dates will be announced in January;
- Early signers will visit each of BECA's schools meeting students, parents and our Honduran colleagues;
- Early signers will make a trip to the beach or Mayan ruins (chosen by Early Bird group) during their week in country;
- Early signers will have a chance to bond with other early signers and with current BECA teachers – including those who have made multi-year commitments.
What does BECA cover?
- BECA covers transport, food, and basic accommodation while in Honduras.
What do I cover?
- Souvenirs, special food items, and alcoholic beverages consumed in moderation.
How Do I join the BECA Early Bird Program?
- Submit your application prior to January 1, 2016.
- Complete the full interview process and formally commit to BECA prior to February 1, 2016.